Subject: [Leica] Laser surgery
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 17:08:01 -0600

At 05:09 PM 01/10/98 EDT, you wrote:
> Some glasses take you farther away from the eyepiece than others, making
the problem worse.  I wish I could wear contacts or get lasered!

>Jay

Jay,
Don't even think of laser surgery.  I just watched a documentary about
people who have permanently lost their vision through laser surgery.  The
cornea has to be cut before using the laser.  If the cornea cut is botched,
you are left without vision in that eye, and there is no way that it can be
corrected or reversed.  The risk is not worth the potential gain.

George

 _
[o] -GH