Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL vs. available light
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 18:32:10 -0500

At 06:08 AM 10/7/98 -0400, you wrote:

>In closing I would like to ask you if you know of anytime in the past that
>Leica has ever consulted with Luggers about the design of Leica products?

Right, like they aren't already masochistic enough? :-)

I'm with Ted, though. No TTL flash is fine with me. If I want to use flash,
I have the R8 which will kick the M6TTL's butt when it comes to flash.

This morning, I got up real early and went to photograph a high school band
practice. I was disappointed that the "sunrise" light was being held back
by trees. But then the light caught my eyes when it broke through and
landed on a couple of kids. It was chilly, and she was putting her hands
(over her xylophone) into his coat pockets to keep them warm. They were
staring into each other's eyes when this beautiful sunrise light hit them.
She has red hair, and the light enhanced the redness. Boy was it a sappy,
cute picture, but I like sappy, cute some times.

There is nothing like available light to make a picture sing that no amount
of flash can duplicate.

(70-180 2.8 wide open - the color was amazing!)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke