Subject: [Leica] Question(able)
From: Hans Petter Strifeldt <hans.petter.strifeldt@dagensmedisin.no>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:27:22 +0200

	Dear LUGgers

	I`ve been following your discussions in this forum for a couple
of weeks, and feel that you all are understanding and forgiving humans
(...) to newcomers as myself. Being a M6-user for only a year or so, I`m
finally beginning to understand what kind of jewel I posess. I started
off as a R8-user after using the OM-system for fifteen years or so. The
prices on OMs soon began to seem like misprints (in my country, anyway),
so I decided to get something that was worth the lot. R8 was, to me, a
huge disappointment. I traded it all in for a M6. I also bought myself
another SLR-brand (the C.... one) to cover my SLR-needs, but I - more or
less unintentionally - became a Leica M-user.
	Today I find myself using my M-system a lot more than the SLR.
Like you all, I love taking pictures with it. Mostly documentary-kind of
stuff. I have recorded stories of people in situations where a SLR would
scare all of the spontanity off. Situations where the atmosphere has
been so fragile that only the quiet shutter of a M-camera could record
it without breaking it all apart. I have discovered that the
unobtrusiveness is more than just words in Leica M-ads.
	OK. Let this be my introduction of me and my relation to my
beloved M6. I have a lot of questions (all are probably asked before,
but again: You all seem like reasonable people), but I`ll get back to
you soon. Otherwise this posting will be FAR too long.

	Yours sincerely

	Hans Petter

	hans.petter.strifeldt@dagensmedisin.no