Subject: Re: [Leica] focus with elmarit R 28 mm
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 07:37:00 -0500

At 11:38 AM 10/6/98 +0200, you wrote:

>I heard that the 24 was not as good as the 28? Is this true?

Yes, that is true. The 24 is a very good lens, but it's quite old, and not
quite up to Leica's standards today.

>Some people even told me that the 24 f/2.8 Nikkor was the state of the art...

It's one of Nikon's best lenses. Amazing quality. Very smooth contrast. But
then, most manufacturers 24s seem to be quite good. But if you own Leica,
the choices are rather narrow. Like the older 24 R, or the superb 24
Elmarit M ASPH.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 Give me ambiguity or give me something else.