Subject: [Leica] M 35mm lenses with goggles
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:48:39 -0400 (EDT)

Bonjour a tous,

  About these lenses, let us remember that by making the field of view
smaller the goggles also decrease the accuracy of the rangefinder (or the
effective base lenght I suppose...Erwin, Hans?).  Things will get worse if
one uses the goggle lenses on an M camera with a .72 base (M2, M4, etc).
Even more precision is lost.  Of course DOF may cover the loss.

  In other words, accuracy wise, your best bet is a regular summicron (or
summaron of course) with a brite line finder.

Regards,

Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)

P.S. I went to a photo show on sunday.  Amazing the amount of specially
engraved Leicas floating around.  And the dealers all swear they are
originals...