Subject: Re: [Leica] are billingham photobags fine?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:28:17 -0600

Thomas,

Billingham makes some attractive bags, which look better than they
operate--a few compromises have been made in order to achieve the "classi=
c"
looks: Brass peg fasteners rather than Velcro, rubberized canvas versus
Cordura, etc. Not to say that they're no good as user's gear, just that i=
may take awhile for you to develop a system that works for you.

Cotton canvas is an attractive material which can wear out in an attracti=
ve
manner, but it's not as tough as the better synthetics, some of which are
now designed to be less abrasive on clothing than Cordura. I use the very
modern #415 Tenba and like it a lot (would like to see the front organize=
section replaced with two simple pockets though).

Jeff