Subject: Re: [Leica] Power switch
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:22:27 EDT

I don't mean to keep sounding as if I am extolling the virtues of the
Nikon FM2n, for in fact I don't own one nor am I enamoured of it, however
in due fairness, the fitting of the motor drive MD-12 to the FM2n allows
activation of the meter and shutter with the wind lever in the "in" (
locked) position; the locking then is performed via the electrical on/off
switch on the MD-12.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:00:30 -0700 jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
writes:
>Those of us that use Tom's winder, never pull the wind lever out for
>anything other than loading film. There are lots of cameras out there
>that
>switch-on the camera with the wind lever. But thankfully, not on my M6
>or R
>cameras. My R cameras all have winders permanently attached.
>
>Jim
>
>At 10:38 AM 10/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>                       Interesting to note, after all the
>jury-rigging
>>we've done to circumvent this problem, I picked up a friend's Nikon
>FM2n
>>this morning, and with the wind lever pressed in to the body, the
>shutter
>>button/meter switch is securely locked; pop the winder out to the
>ready
>>position and it unlocks.  No electronics in that camera except the
>meter,
>>either and it's only bigger than the Leica in the lensmount/prism
>area.
>>I doubt if the mechanics of such a locking mechanism would be all
>that
>>difficult for Leica to have engineered.  Perhaps that will be part of
>the
>>M6TTLSL (for Shutter Lock) which they are secretly planning to
>introduce
>>at PMA and discontinue the M6TTL : )
>>
>>Nigel
>

>Jim Brick
>(650) 470-1132
>
>http://www.photoaccess.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]