Subject: Re: [Leica] Power switch
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:38:07 +0200

N. B. Watson wrote:

> Interesting to note, after all the jury-rigging
> we've done to circumvent this problem, I picked up a friend's Nikon FM2n
> this morning, and with the wind lever pressed in to the body, the shutter
> button/meter switch is securely locked; pop the winder out to the ready
> position and it unlocks.

I have a Nikon FM2. How annoying is it when you're taking vertical-format
shots and the damn wind lever digs into your forehead?

How comfortable is it to have to jam your thumb between the housing and the
wind lever, especially as the leverage of your forehead against the lever
threatens to crush it?

How annoying is it, when you forget to jam your thumb inbetween the housing
and the lever, the camera switches off, just as you are going to release
the shutter?

How stupid is that particular design?

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho