Subject: Re: [Leica] Pronunciation of "bokeh"
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:28:50 +0200

B. D. Colen wrote:

> Why no more discussion of the new Japanese screw mount body which will
> -> supposedly - be on sale in Japan by years end for 55,000 yen -
> about $450 US?

(I didn't know that any price had been set on it)

If this turns out to be as good as it sounds -- a modern LTM for under
US$500 -- then I forsee three things happening:

   1.  User LTM lenses on the SH market will become (more) scarce;
   2.  Demand is going to be higher than Yasuhara's ability to
       supply them;
   3.  Leica will be thanking their lucky star that you cannot fit
       M-mount lenses on this baby -- if you could, I think sales
       of the M6 would plummet as people wanting a modern,
       affordable, mechanical rangefinder, red dot or not, flock to
       buy it.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I'm looking forard to its
launch, with an eye to getting one.

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho