Subject: Re: [Leica] Power switch
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 19:58:01 EDT

It is possible to *always* put the camera in the bag...if you *always*
know exactly which shot is the last one you'll take prior to stowing the
camera; otherwise you must either develop the habit of never winding on
until just before you shoot (a good way to miss a bag of shots, I think)
or else waste a frame each time you replace the camera in your bag.  I've
also heard from many that it's best to store (i.e. for the long term) a
camera with the shutter un-cocked; however with all the modern cameras
with intergral motorwinders it is impossible to leave the shutter
un-cocked (unless you can somehow fire it and pop the battery-tray before
it winds-on) so the feeling is it must be ok to leave it thus.  The new
cameras may be "all-electronic" but the shutters are still mechanical
devises and to a great extent not all that different from their
forebearers'.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998 18:21:57 -0500 "Tom Wyse & Jo Hughes"
<joandtom@mtnhome.com> writes:
>This talk of a power switch is probably a dandy ideal (hey Tom A)  but
>it
>raises a question,  I was taught never to leave a camera cocked when
>putting
>in a bag and don't understand if there is something I am missing...it
>can't
>take anymore time to cock the shutter as you bring the camera to your
>eye
>than not,  is there something I don't know ?
>tom

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]