Subject: Re: [Leica] Hubble Paper Weight!?- not really! I was just kidding!
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:14:08 -0700

Actually, NASA does not always purches from vendors who come in with the
lowest bid. They take other factors into account as well. For example, can
the vendor provide the quality needed, do the have the quality assurance
system in place, etc. They also consider using standard parts when suitable
pieces can be found. There are three little torsion springs holding open the
legs of the lunar gnomen that I built with my own hands. Don't know if I was
the low bidder?
Joe Stephenson