Subject: Re: [Leica] The rangefinder challenge
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:59:29 -0700

Alex,
I don't really know if you were asking a question or just voicing
frustration. But I, too, like to photograph the sort of things you describe
as being diffiuclt to focus with the rangefinder. IIn such situations I
usually estimate the distance and set the distance scale based on my
estimate, making good allowance for DOF. It usually provides good results.
The problem is not peculiar to range finder caneras, it is also a problem
with SLR's, but perhaps to a lesser degree. Wide angle lenses greatly lessen
the problem.
Happy range finding,
Joe Stephenson