Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposure
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:19:36 -0400 (EDT)

> >My daughter, who bought an R7 earlier this year, is still using square-P
> >mode. Why? Because her dad is a lazy bum! I haven't yet made the time
> >available to begin teaching her the basics of photography.

Not necessarily a bad thing.  It sounds like she's learning some basic
composition without being overwhelmed with other technical details.
Of course, they're important ones, but taking things one step at a
time isn't a bad thing (especially for who I assume is a beginner).

I'm looking forward to giving my wife my Nikon FM2 with 50/1.8 on our
first wedding anniversary next week.  She initially expressed interest
in a point-and-shoot, but she decided she wanted to learn how to use
what she calls a "real" camera.  It'll be fun teaching/shooting with
her.

Why not a Leica?  Like I said, one step at a time :)

Andrew