Subject: Re: [Leica] SV: winder query again
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 23:04:58 +0100

JOHN GILBERT wrote:

> I posted this a few mailing ago, never got a response.
>(Or didn't see one.) Thought I'd post it again. It went:
> Is there a difference in compatibility in the motor winders
> for the R's aside from the R3?

No: because every motor or winder will fit every R4 Mot Electronic,
R4, R4S, R4S2, R5, RE, R6, R6.2, R7.

Yes: because the first winder and motor used a mechanical release
handgrip,
later models feature electrical release via a more convenient handgrip.

The R7 hand grip is different (taller).

> Weren't the first batch of R3's and R4's built without winder\MD connections?
> (Hence the MOT designation.)

R3 = yes
R4 = no

Lucien