Subject: re: [Leica] Dan's Xlnt adventure, and my 35/1.4 ASPH lens.
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:01:33 -0700

I used Fuji MS 100/1000 and rated it at 200 for everything except night
street scenes (Amsterdam) where I rated it at 800 but processed it for
1000. I think Fuji is a little too optimistic about their push times. For
me, MS 100/1000 at EI 200 needs a 1-1/3 stop push. One more minute in the
first developer than they recommend. But test it for yourself. Everyone's
style is different.

Jim

At 08:47 AM 10/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm curious, Jim:  What film did you use, and what speed did you rate it
>at? Just to tuck the info into the back of my mind should I have the
>opportunity to make such a trip.
>
>Thanks,
>Larry
>

>My very low light, and non existent light photographs are all
>outstanding. My daughter used her R7 on the trip and could not do anything
>in these low light situations. She's jealous! :) In trains, in subways, on
>airplanes, night street scenes, in restaurants, red light district of
>Amsterdam. All recorded perfectly. I even have the Crown Jewels at the
>Tower of London, The rooms in Windsor castle, scenes within Westminster
>Abby (the table and candle where Diana's coffin was, etc.) . This is an
>amazing lens. It just never seems to give up. When you say "aah... it's too
>dark," it'll pull a photograph out of the murk.

Jim Brick
(650) 470-1132

http://www.photoaccess.com