Subject: Re: [Leica] neg scanners - opinions please
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 0:17 +0100 (BST)

Alex wrote:

> I'm about to buy a 35mm film scanner, probably the Nikon Coolscan
III.
> It will mainly be used for scanning mono negs but I want to have
the
> ability
> to make high quality scans of trannies etc for web use and for
printing
> of
> any kind. The Nikon seems to come withthe best software.
>
> Does anyone have any strong feelings for or against any of the
scanners
> in
> that price range (eg the Canoscan 2700F)?  Any good dealers in UK
for
> neg
> scanners?
>
> I've looked on the web but haven't been lucky with good up to date
> info. Any
> useful URL's??

Look at my friend Tony Sleep's pages at
http://www.cix.co.uk/~tsphoto/
and follow the link to the scanner test results.

Probably the best scanner resource out there.

For what it's worth, if you appreciate image quality (and I assume
you do, sicne you subscribe to this list) then the Nikon LS2000
should be top of your list.

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk
David.Morton@openconsulting.co.uk