Subject: Re: [Leica] neg scanners - opinions please
From: (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 0:17 +0100 (BST)

Alex wrote:

> I'm about to buy a 35mm film scanner, probably the Nikon Coolscan
> It will mainly be used for scanning mono negs but I want to have
> ability
> to make high quality scans of trannies etc for web use and for
> of
> any kind. The Nikon seems to come withthe best software.
> Does anyone have any strong feelings for or against any of the
> in
> that price range (eg the Canoscan 2700F)?  Any good dealers in UK
> neg
> scanners?
> I've looked on the web but haven't been lucky with good up to date
> info. Any
> useful URL's??

Look at my friend Tony Sleep's pages at
and follow the link to the scanner test results.

Probably the best scanner resource out there.

For what it's worth, if you appreciate image quality (and I assume
you do, sicne you subscribe to this list) then the Nikon LS2000
should be top of your list.

David Morton
(+44) 171 917 6272