Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 enlarger--S.O.S.!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 01:22:58 -0400

Mary-
From sad experience I can tell you, never touch a quartz halogen bulb with
bare hands! The oils, etc from your skin will blacken the outside of the
bulb, cause it to overheat and shorten its life considerably. In our optical
printers, when bulb changing time comes around, we wear the little white
lintfree gloves, clean the bulb with a lintless cloth moistened with
isopropyl alcohol, and insert it in the holder. Your problem with the lamp
going off sounds like your lamp doesn't have the 'pin' type connector. Tube
with end connectors can expand and shift once heated, and you may have to
re-seat the tube- again handling the tube with gloves or a clean lintless
cloth.
Here's hoping things go well for you!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com