Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 enlarger--S.O.S.!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:11:05 -0400

At 10:28 PM 9/28/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings to all,
>
>I need some quick help with the beautiful V35 which arrived here Friday.
>There seems to be an electrical problem.  The bulb stayed on a few
>minutes and went out, but it doesn't look like the bulb itself blew.  Has
>anyone out there got a clue as to what might have happened?
>--also where to find the bulb 13139 Phillips in stock?  (Our local lamp
>dealer says he can order one, but that could take awhile.)  Any info,
>ideas welcome.  Thanks.
>
>MK
>
>PS I have the in electrical input set to 110 V AC (normal house current),
>and I checked the fuse--it has not blown.  Thanks again.
>
>MK

Mary,

All of those quartz bulbs are delicate and ornery.  Many times I have
thought mine had blown out, only to have it come on by itself a few minutes
later.  Take it out carefully.  Don't ever touch the bulb or the inside of
the reflector.  Reinstall it, making sure everything is in tight.  It could
be that it got knocked around in shipping.  Any sharp hit is enough to make
it quit working.  Turn it off, walk away and do something else for a couple
of hours.  If you are lucky, when you come back it will work!  If you
aren't, you'll have to find another bulb.  If I were you, I would buy three
or four at once.  Where are you?  There is a place in Charlotte called
Light Bulbs Unlimited that carries them.  Have you done a search on the
internet?  I know you are anxious to use your enlarger.  Good luck!

Tina