Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica's future (a bit long)
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:17:56 -0700

A question for all, and I fear it is a question that has been covered
before, but I have not been on this list for long. I think I understand
"bokeh" as a term that refers to the quality of the out of focus portion of
an image. But what controls bokeh? How does it relate to depth of field or
"circles of confusion?" What is "good" bokeh, and what is "bad" bokeh? How
does it relate to grain size, sharpness, etc? I would be grateful if one of
you experienced people with more expertise could address this point.
thanks,
Joe Stephenson