Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm lens without focus lever?
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 21:42:05 +0100

Andrew M. Moore wrote:

> I find that a finger & thumb on a focusing ring is much easier to
> control than a single finger on a focusing lever, especially for
> fine focusing adjustments.  I wonder if others have noticed this.

Andrew,

I used the Aspherical and found myself always focusing with the lever.

I still use the previous 50mm Summicron because of the lever.

And also :
- - because of the removable lens hood which allow the
  use of the former M Polfilter,
- - because the front cap never stayed on the new 50/2
- - because I think, (and I'm maybe wrong), that the old lens hood
  was more effective than the new sliding hood, specially with filters.
  (as a lens hood and as a protection).

Same problems with the new 50mm Summilux and Noctilux.

Anyway I don't miss something because the lens computations
in those 3 new lenses are the same as in their predecessors.

- --
Lucien
Brussels - Belgium