Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides, Negs and Pic Storage
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:27:22 -0700

Arturo

Here is a posting of mine from awhile back re neg storage. Tina's method
sounds great for retrieval, especially with many thousands of frames. For
more "intermediate" size neg collections, I find that the method below
works fairly well and is simple enough that I actually keep up with it:

<<<<<
Contact sheets w/ 8x10 and even 8 1/2x11 always look so *cramped*. Also,
they give you a landscape format on 6 frame negative strips, when portrait
format is ideal for filing in a three ring binder.

My solution to the size problem is to use 11x14 paper and cut 4 /12 inches
off the 14 inch length. The resulting 9 1/2 by 11 inch paper is wide enough
for 6 frame neg strips (portrait format) and long enough for the occasional
7th
strip when you get 37 shots on a roll. I three-hole punch the contact sheet
on the 11 inch right-hand side. Then when I open my binder, the contact
sheet is on the left and the neg sheet (7 strips of 6 frames per strip) is
aligned on the right exactly like the contacts. Once filed like this,
contacts and negs are always in order and very simple to review.

I have used this system since working in Europe with that wonderful 24x30cm
size. It has been a very simple and efficient way of filing, and I hope all
this info will benefit some LUGer out there with a pile of unsorted negs
and contacts.>>>>>

Gary Todoroff