Subject: Re: [Leica] V35
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 22:51:56 -0700

> From: Michael Leitheiser

> 1.  Can other lenses be used on the V35 and retain autofocus?  Or be
easily
> used without autofocus?

Focusing is simple, just not as handy. I used a 50mm Focotar on my V35
until a good deal came along on a 40mm Focotar. In fact, as simple as
everyone else has made it sound, I still have not "dialed-in" my 40mm for
consistent autofocus. So I am always using the grain focuser with my V35
anyway. I adjusted my Focomat 1c myself (proof that I'm not a complete
Focomat dimwit?) and never doubted it again.

I think Schneider makes a 40mm enlarger lens - should be quite good. In
fact, my 50mm Focotar was actually a Schneider lens and has their serial
number as well as the Leitz number. It is a superb lens.

> 2.  Anyone recall seeing focotars on the used market in the states with
any
> degree of regularity?

Check out all the darkroom listings in Shutterbug. I see them occasionally.

Hope you win the V35 auction!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger