Subject: Re: [Leica] The best Compacts (400-700 approx)
From: Willie Ju <wju@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:01:02 -0700

Wood, Darrell (London) wrote:

> I wish to puchase a  pocketable high quality compact for a present.
> Which takes the best pictures?

Any of these provide high quality images in a compact and pleasing
package, and are within your price range:

Nikon 35Ti
Nikon 28Ti
Konica Hexar
Leica Minilux
Contax T2

I have seen pictures taken with the Nikon 35Ti, the Konica Hexar and the
Leica Minilux. They were about equally sharp and contrasty. (Disclaimer:
seat-of-the-pants testing only.) However, a friend who has the Leica
Minilux is not satisfied with it. Some say the T2, 35Ti and 28Ti lenses
perform better than the Minilux's 40mm. Don't know about the Contax.