Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: T-Max P3200/ Developers & Times
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:06:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 HerWall@aol.com wrote:

> I'd like to know if anyone has used the Kodak T-Max P3200 and knows of any
> great developers to use it with.  I'm looking to shoot the film at 1600 to
> 3200 ASA for a sports project.  I would appreciate any suggestions on
> developers and starting times and tempersatures for development times.  (I've
> tried D-76 and wasn't very happy with my initial tests.)  Thanks in advance
> for any help.  Donald

Of course Kodak recommends TMax developer...the one-shot kind. And
I've used it for 3200 TMAx film with good results. Plan on a film
speed of about 1,000. Any higher will reduce the shadow detail (which
is what exposure controls, on the most part).
However, with wonderful results I've processed P3200 TMax film
in Tetenal Emofin, a two bath developer. Problem is to find where
to buy it. I got mine from Germany. It comes in powder form.
Developing agents are in the first solution and activator is in
the second solution, etc...
Ed