Subject: RE: [Leica] IIIf
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:14:46 -0400 (EDT)

I see no mention of the 50mm f/2 Summarit. This is the lens
I use on my IIIf. Also make use of the 1:1 bright-line finder,
as I can view the subject in 3-D with both eyes open. I also
have the U.S.-made Tech Photo rapid wider on the caemra. I can
do two frames per second with it. This device was made in the
1950s and 60s and was "knocked-off" in Italy recently.
Hey, what about my IIIc ? It's also a good image maker.

One fact I was told by an ex-Leitzeroo person is that my
3.5mm f/3.5 Summaron (first version) has a peculiar ability
at wide open aperture to render the edges sharper than the
center. Most lenses do a better job in the center. Does
anyone have tests to disprove this?

The meeting in Koeln was very good. I'm sorry I had to leave
at the end to pack my bags for an early next day departure.

Ed Meyers