Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:06:20 -0400

>use older Leicas with lenses of the same vintage regularly.  I use
>the IIIf and an M3 and my "newest" lens is a DR Summicron of late 60s
>vintage.  While I have no doubts that the newer lenses are much
>superior  in terms of contrast, detail and color rendition, I like the
>using the older equipment.
>
>Now, if collectors would just stop driving up prices  :)

Steve

    for what it's worth I have found the IIIf that I own to be a pleasure to
use and as I have said before nothing like going to an antique show shooting
with an antique - by the way this venue ( outside antique shows) have
yielded a high % of my favorite shots just because of all the weird stuff
people bring out to sell.   I use a collapsible 50 summicron.

Ernie