Subject: [Leica] Apo-Telyt Module-System ?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:27:18 +0200

In one of my now usual and tiring confrontations with the most prolific
of the contributors to this list, I was refering to (and enquiring
about) the Leica R pricing in the 300mm range. I was convinced that the
Apo-Telyt 280mm with no further precision is currently a reference to a
f4 lens. The enthusiastic gentleman  replied as usual that I should keep
my trap shut because I have no knowledge of the R-system (he was more
polite than that, but that's the constant message).

So, I enquired further than the Wurzburger Fotoversand which did not
list any f2.8 Leica long tele (http://www.wfv.de/ ), but cannot find any
on-line reseller listing these items.

So, you knowledgable luggers, how is the Module-System referenced at the
reseller side ? Is there CURRENTLY such a thing as a Leica Apo-Telyt
280mm f2.8 referenced and priced as such?

Secondary question: is there any human being on this list currently
using that Module-System?

Thanks for helping me overcome my infamous ignorance and prejudice
regarding holy R-matters....

Friendly regards
Alan