Subject: RE: [Leica] Critical test reports by CDI
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:08:46 -0500

At 10:02 PM 9/20/98 -0400, you wrote:

>But I'm no Luddite. The "low-tech" facets of the M6 are the things I hate.
>1. Crappy sort-of-a-spot meter.

I find it extremely accurate. (Or maybe I'm just well practiced?)

>2. Slow sync

Yep.

>3. No off switch (that is easy and quick to turn back on)

M6 TTL and M6 TTL HM - on/of switch on shutter speed dial, which is bigger
and easier to move.

>4. Manual advance with no reasonable motor option

Tom A's attachment. Very nice I hear.

>5. No data in the viewfinder.

Over/under exposure down to 1/2 stop. And now a red dot for right on. What
more do you need? Like frame number? Aperture? That would be nice.

>7. The weirdest loading of any camera I've ever owned

I find it fast and reliable. Just takes practice.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I'm still not sure if I understand ambiguity.