Subject: RE: [Leica] Critical test reports by CDI
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:02:52 -0400

Eric:

First let me say that it is a pleasure to communicate with a person who can
use the word "Luddite" correctly and without blushing.

But I'm no Luddite. The "low-tech" facets of the M6 are the things I hate.
1. Crappy sort-of-a-spot meter.
2. Slow sync
3. No off switch (that is easy and quick to turn back on)
4. Manual advance with no reasonable motor option
5. No data in the viewfinder.
6. blindingly bright LEDs from the 70s in the viewfinder
7. The weirdest loading of any camera I've ever owned

Give me just about any other body on which I can mount my M lenses and I'd
buy one tomorrow. I can't be the only one.

Tom

At 07:51 PM 9/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>True. And that is too bad. But I suspect we'd still have justification for
>owning Leica. Because they're probably G2ifiy their rangefinders, and us
>Luddites would jump at the chance of owning old tech. Though I bet the M6
>would have a faster flash sync.
>--
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>Perspective is in the eye of the beholder.

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria