Subject: Re: [Leica] Eastman Kodak article from Forbes
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 20:07:35 -0500

At 01:59 PM 9/20/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Kodak does not appear to lead here, either.  Many photographers I know are
>unimpressed with Kodak's marketing efforts and the way they have
>discontinued well-loved films.  I personally have seen only one Kodak
>digital camera in use ever.  The Kodak Photo CD was clever technically, but

I saw at least 10 today at the Chiefs/Chargers game. Every digital camera
that newspapers are buying are half Kodak. Well, Nikon and Fuji make a
digital camera, but they're junk. You can count the number of papers that
use them exclusively on one hand and have fingers left.

But I think digital is something Kodak is backing off of. I talked to
Sports Illustrated's photographer today, and he was raving about the new
Fuji multispeed slide film. Says it really can be pushed three stops, which
is 1/3 stop slower than Fuji says it will go (1000). So the Fuji-Kodak
battle goes on. Kodak has some fantastic slide films right now that push
really well.

We can only benefit from continued health of both. But Kodak has to get its
inept marketing going again, and start putting more money into research
like they used to. We need PK? (Kodachrome) 100 ISO film soon!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Perspective is in the eye of the beholder.