Subject: Re: [Leica] LUGging on from anywhere (off-topic)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 21:32:21 +0200

Alex,

To supplement on what Pascal told you re ISPs, you might find someone a bit less
global than IBM who nonetheless would cover your needs (i.e. POPs in both the UK
and Ireland). For example, my ISP is Euronet, which has local access numbers in
Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK. It is quite cheap, and ideal for me as I am
in the Netherlands two days each week. Perhaps you can find someone like that in
the UK?

Nathan

Alex Hurst wrote:

> Hi LUGnuts
>
> This question is addressed to all you globetrotters who appear to keep in
> touch wherever you are in the world.
>
> My ISP in in Ireland, but I'm just about to set up an ancient Mac and modem
> in my English residence for occasional use when we're over there.
>
> Obviously dialling up my ISP in Ireland would be an expensive exercise, but
> I believe you can log on via other local ISPs as a guest.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1)How do you do it?
>
> 2) What's the best software to use (bearing in mind I'm a Mac freak?)
>
> All help gratefully received via private email to avoid clogging up the LUG.
>
> TIA
>
> Slan
>
> Alex
>
> Alex Hurst