Subject: [Leica] Leica war zone
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 98 01:49:35 -0700

>Alastair
>You know, it's funny, we talk about people stealing Leicas like they really
>knew what was what, and when the only one LUGer in recent memory has his
>stolen, Ted says the person probably didn't know what he had gotten!
>Oh, back to the 'drawing board'
>Thanks!
>Dan
>dwpost@msn.com
>
>P.S.- maybe our camera going berserk after visiting the church was God's way
>of saying..." I USE NIKON! "

Dan,

I think not. If she has a preference, then God would use a more feminine
brand like Olympus. I've spent today shooting some spring flowers in the
garden. I've done this now for the last three years, and I never tire of
the endless variety that a quite afternoon in the garden brings. I used
mainly the R7 and a combination of the 15 super-elmar, 100 macro and 180
with 2x extender. I even let H use her own camera now and then ;-). I've
also been toying with my Summarex, and made some Kodachrome images with it
of this years tulips. Inspired, I then went for a bike ride around the lake
with the M3, but I was a bit late, and most of the potential images were
"just-past". Now I'm cooling off (or is it "warming-down" in front of the
e-mail. God I love this time of year, please send my "masculine" R8 back
soon ;-)

Have a good week.

Alastair Firkin,