Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 viewfinder
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:52:46 -0400

However based on this limited sample (and the dealer's
> comment that the same thing happens with his M6) it would seem that
> the finder of today's camera is not as tolerant of eye position as
> those of yesteryear.
>
> Regards,
>
> Doug Richardson

No, it doesn't seem to be. Based on a few earlier exchanges posted here I
recently took a black magic marker to my brighten illumination window (gasp!
horrors!)...I have a black dot :-) in about the middle quarter of the window
and find that it does reduce that white flare in the rangefinder patch a
bit, while only having the most minimal effect on the bright lines...It's
still not perfect, but it is a bit better....