Subject: [Leica] Epson 700 photo
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 98 15:56:10 -0700

G'day Lugnuts,

I've finally replaced my computer's printer with an Epson Photo700. Initial
colour prints from it are really quite amazing, but I have some questions
for you.

1. Resolution; what resolution is needed to print at the 1440 dpi setting?
I've trialled images at 200 dpi in photoshop and the images print quite
well, but are there any rules for this digital darkroom?

2. Longevity; how long do the prints last, and are there any tricks to
resist fading?

Finally, do you have any other tricks to minimize wastage of ink paper etc.
For example, do you do test prints prior to a full A4 sheet?

cheers

Alastair Firkin,