Subject: Re: [Leica] new Asph 90
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:15:22 PDT

Dominique Pellissier wrote:
>__________________
>I prefer a 90 which gives pictures sharp as a razor because when I want
softness I can always put a Zeiss softar for contax lens : the filter
size, E55, is the same for both the lenses.>>>>>>>>

Hi Dominque,

I'm with you on this sharpness thing. If it were not aspherical sharp
there would be all kinds of LUGNUTS whining and bitching about it being
unsharp.  However,  to complain about a lens being "too sharp" is
something I cannot comprehend for heavens sake.

if the lens is too sharp and you are going to photograph a beautiful
woman then crinkle up  some cellophane, flatten it out and as the
exposure is made just hold it in front of the lens and you have this
beautiful "glow look" of unsharp sharpness.

Best thing is, the cellophane is free and not a fortune for a softar
filter which you'll probably only use a few times.

Been doing it that way for years and it works wonders and doesn't cost a
penny.

ted