Subject: RE: Re(2): [Leica] Untitled Magazine ?7
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 98 18:11:45 -0500

BD wrote.

>Come on, Mary - This is where we drift off into the Leica mythology. The
>camera is not going to give them either vision or sophistication. It is a
>tool, albeit a superb tool. It also happens to be a tool that demands more,
>rather than less, sophistication and vision from the photographer than the
>auto-everything which most photographers seem to use. We can certainly agree
>to disagree about the quality of the photos, but the other? I don't know.
>
>But let's consider the photos, because I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a
>curmudgeon here.

Hi BD,

I just reviewed the site (looked at it very hastily before) and found the
work "uneven" at best.  I think it's just the youthful exhuberance that
touched me.  Great photography it is not.  Threw in the stuff about the
Leica only to try to stay on topic.  The demands made on me as a
photographer by using the M6 is a real education.  I've wasted lots of
film.  But the ones that are right on are stunning.  I don't like
automatics, even when I was using an SLR.

MK