Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW M-6 PRICE
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:23:56 +0100

Jeffrey Hausner wrote:
>=20
> Would anybody want to guess, or does anyone know if the FF20,000 or $3,=
300US
> is the catalogue price or the minimum authorized advertised price for t=
he
> new unit?  We may be on the verge of the best of all possible times to =
pick
> up new (old version) M-6s at an extremely attractive price if they're
> discontinued.  Is it too soon to declare that the new, bigger M-6 may b=
e the
> "Son of M-5"?
>=20
 Buzz

I saw the picture of the new M6 TTL in Chasseur d'Images:
Don't be afraid, 2 mm don't make it a M5.=20
The only obvious difference is the second silvered strip=20
on the top of the finder window.
I understand that the mention "TTL" is engraved on, or near,
the hot-shoe.
In the viewfinder, together with a red arrow for flash ready
there is a red dot between the two well known red arrows
which appear only when the exposition is o.k..

About the price, FF20.000, is a French price.
Leica are always more expensive in France (and Italy).

A new "now discontinued M6" cost +/- 17.800 FF ** in France,
14.000 FF in Belgium and around 12.000 FF in USA.
A mint black M6 cost +/- 12.500 FF ** in France.

** Copyright : <Dominique C=E9sari>
<http://www.mygale.org/~cesarigd/photo5.htm#boitiers>

Lucien