Subject: Re: [Leica] 80 Summilux/100 APO
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:00:54 -0400

At 08:50 +0100 15/09/98, John Gong wrote:
>[ . . . ]
>Since much of my photography is family photos, I have found that the 100
>is too sharp - an example is that it shows every blemish in a 3 year-old's
>skin!!  Call me a romantic, but I am not trying to clinically document the
>health of my children when strolling in the park on a weekend morning.  [
>. . . ]
>John

	Allo John,

	1/ Have you ever, perhaps, considered trying the APO 100
	with a "softar" type filter ? Just out of curiosity
	for the sort of "effect" it might bring to a few casual
	portraits . . . ? I n-e-v-e-r thought i ever would consider
	a "soft focus" solution before but this piques my curiosity.

	PS: the BEST use of a "soft focus" filter i've seen
	is the Eosone loudspeakers product literature,
	worth asking just for the photography (and the graphic
	arts are top quality to match . . . ). It could be something
	other than soft focus, perhaps a glass pane with selective
	vaseline, but i tend to think it's soft focus. Really worth
	checking out. They have a website from which to
	ask the brochure. Their product is very good too,
	but i prefer British loudspeakers, in general.

	2/ I'm a fanatic for very precise EYES in portraits,
	since the APO-100 is "too much precision", aren't you getting
	just what i'm looking for  in this specific department ?
	Your comments would be most welcome.
	[Christmas is coming on real fast.]

	3/ What are YOUR current preferred film types ?
	Have you tried Kodak Royal Gold 25 yet with the APO-100 ?
	That must sure be something worth talking about .    ;+>)

	Thank you,

	All the Best !

	Andr=E9 Jean Quintal

"He looked like lightning,