Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #299
From: "Aubin, Norman C" <Norman.Aubin@Europe.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:42:58 +0100

Earlier this was posted:

> From: reviews_ed.hifichoice@dennis.co.uk (Alan Sircom)
>
> Taping up your M6, carrying it under your coat on your right shoulder
<SNIP>
> it does mean you get robbed twice.
>
> As for packing weaponry, mace and the like these all have a negative
> effect in the long run. When you are attacked, the attacker often has
<SNIP>
> can then claim to your friends that the roll of film in camera was the
> one that proved that you are the next HCB.

	I'll just interject that this is akin to the reasoning that
sheep use for
	explaining why they are sheep and glad to be so.  I hope you'll
forgive me
	for completely disagreeing. When I carry my Leica, I carry my
gun.  Even when I
	don't carry my Leica I carry my gun.  As a law abiding adult I
have a responsibility
	protect myself and to explain to miscreants that their behavior
is unacceptable
	in any reasonable society.

	I cannot delegate that to a police force who has been already
assured
	by the courts that their responsibility is to re-establish the
peace, and not to
	protect the citizen. You of course are free to abrogate that
responsibility at any
	time.

	Norm Aubin