Subject: [Leica] Recovering Ted's & other stolen cameras
From: "Howard Sanner" <flagstad@sysnet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 00:29:38 +0000

   Does Leica keep any kind of records about cameras reported
stolen? The major microphone manufacturers and dealers do. In a
parallel universe, I'm heavily involved with professional sound
recording equipment. It is SOP, when buying a professional,
studio-quality microphone to request the serial no. immediately.
Knowledgeable buyers avoid any seller who can't or won't provide
one. With the S/N in hand, one then contacts the manufacturer,
partly to inquire about the mike's service record, but also to
see if it has ever been reported stolen. Depending on how
suspicious you're feeling, you might also contact the major
dealers in and service centers for microphones. Any number of
people have recovered their stolen microphones when they were
sent in for service, sometimes years later.

   Anyway, it seems to me that Ted should report his stolen
camera to Leica and to the major Leica dealers. It's worth a
shot.

**
**                         Howard Sanner
**                Kirsten Flagstad Discographer
**                  Ampex Mailing List Founder
**                     flagstad@sysnet.net
**
*/

**