Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas at Games. :(
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:56:16 PDT

Dan Post wrote:
>G'day Rob!
>Capital idea! Considering a stolen Leica and lens, taken from a
California dealer was spotted on the internet by a LUGger in Japan quite
recently, your idea is not at all far fetched! Imagine 3000+ Hercule
Poirots working the little gray cells, looking for the miscreant who
took Ted's camera! I love it!>>>>>>>>

Hi everyone,
many thanks for the well wishes on the R8 return. At the moment this is
the situation:

Yesterday someone called a local Leica dealer saying he had a Leica for
sale, although maybe by co-incidence it may not be mine. However the
camera is suppossed to be brought to the store for value assesment and
dealer purchase.

In the event it is my camera there will be a couple of police officers
nearby and the theif will be caught red handed. Hopefully this is the
case.

I might say that at an event like this, the 450 photog brotherhood looks
after each other and there have been many photogs coming with
suggestions and well wishes for the return. As well, they have spotted a
few Leica's, but they have been "M's"

In the event it turns out not to be mine, here are the serial #'s :

R8 black body....2285327

35-70 Leica lens ser#. 3490716

The winder I do not have the number...

I'll post the outcome of whatever happens this morning, good, bad or
ugly!  So please keep your fingers crossed. thanks.

ted