Subject: RE :[Leica] CdI Web site
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:07:08 +0200

>From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:16:41 +0200
>Subject: Re: [Leica] CdI Web site
>
>Hey Dominique,
>
>did you read the test of leica R lenses in CDI, it's tough!
>Even the famous Apo telyt R 180 f/3.4 is heavily criticized! Good
performance but much too expensive compared to N or C brand!
The summicron R 90 is also touched!
>Thib.

Yes, Thibault, I read the tests and I don't understand why the apo 3.4/180
is not as good as the same model
previously tested 10 years ago by CI !

1st test (1988) : excellent (center), very good (edge) at full aperture;
5/5 stars.vignetting :0.8d
2nd test (1998) : very good, very good; 4/5 stars.vignetting :0.6d.

I ask myself why they have tested the old 3.4/180 which is now
discontinued. And why did they not test the new apo 2.8 ?
If Leica France sent them the old 3.4/180 for a test instead of the new, it
is a big marketing mistake, one more. I remember when CI tested the
reliability of the R4 : Leica France sent a demo body which broke !Tant pis!
(For the 90 summicron R, the results of the 2 tests are the same. 3 stars
in 1988 and 3 stars in 1998).

Dominique