Subject: [Leica] Disguising my M6
From: "Ron K. Miller" <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:08:55 -0700

OK, I have to jump in and agree with Andrew Moore that using Pilot's
silver paint pen actually works in disguising the silver chrome M6 quite
well.

Instead of painting directly onto the body for the upper chrome parts, I
paint a square of acid-free adhesive tape large enough to cover the
"LEICA M6" and the red dot/raised silver leica lettering. Then cover the
squares with scotchtape. Just trim to fit (or leave some margin for the
raised dot/logo) the area you're hiding. Without the tape I find that
the silver paint eventually rubs off my fingers/hands when i handle the
camera. it stays on pretty good and I feel better that I haven't
permanently defaced it.

beelian