Subject: Re: [Leica] Disguising my M6
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:22:57 EDT

Someone originally wrote:

"I thought of putting black electrical tape over the name and red dot."

Then I wrote:

"Again!!!  As sure as the sun rises, once per month this!"
- ---------------------------------------
Then B.D Colen wrote:

"Yup. Which suggests that perhaps this is a reasonable question/issue, on
 which reasonable LUGers will reasonably disagree, all conceding that this is
 nothing more or less than a question of what you like or don't like and what
 makes you comfortable or uncomfortable."
- -------------------------------------
Now....

B.D. and Friends:

As tired as this discussion may be, B.D. has a point, as this question does
contunuously come up.  Obviously a security issue considering what we have all
invested.

Consider this.  Does anyone know of a photographer who has had their Leica
stolen out of their hands because it was a Leica?  I have heard of photogs
being held up in Belize and had the entire camera bag stolen (US$10,000 worth
of Nikons), but in this case, it was just because they were cameras with
value.  I also heard today that over 60 reporters have been killed in Algeria
since 1990, I'm sure some cameras were stolen.  But aside from the extreme
cases in places forewarned by the US State Dept., does anyone know of a Leica
stolen out of someone's hands simply for the  Leica's brand??

Here's to safe shooting,

Arturo