Subject: [Leica] Content-Type: text/plain
From: "Jeremy Bodan" <traffic_leitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:49:32 PDT

HELP!!!  I was cleaning my 100mm APO Macro-Elmarit-R today, using a
compressed air gun.  I guess I lost my concentration and got a little
too vigorous with the canister... suddenly a stream of frosty stuff shot
onto the front element.  After I finished bashing my head into the wall,
I had a look at it... it was kinda greasy.  I immediately took a lens
cloth and wiped it off, and followed that up with the lenspen.  Then I
inspected the lens under strong light... appears to have no
discoloration.  Looked through it front and rear... no fogging, clear as
a bell, not even any cleaning marks (lucky considering I was literally
scrubbing the stuff off in a panic).  I guess I just need some assurance
here... I didn't damage the glass did I?  I guess shooting some test
slides would help, but I need some reassurance (or otherwise) right
now!! Thanks in advance...