Subject: [Leica] Film Tank
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:18:22 +1200

Hi all,

Since the subject has arisen, I got enthused and decided to scour the local
second hand shops in search of a processing tank. Could someone please give
me some advise regarding a Stainless Nikor Film Processing Tank. I
foolishly didn't actually check the bottom of the tank when I bought it,
assuming it was for  35mm. Underneath the tank is written 'Tank,
Processing, 4 by 5 Film, Spec. No. 75-272, Property, U. S. A. F.'

I gather the tank itself may be usable, however the inside spiral
configuration is odd. There is a spiralled metal base, a rigid spiral in
the middle, and a top that can be moved up and down by means of loosening
some top screws. The underside of the top plate is also spiralled.

Is it possible to use this tank for my Leica films?

Any ideas about the tank itself?

Take care,
Gary
"Look Simon, I made love to your mother about a half an hour ago
 and now I'm beginning to think that maybe it wasn't such a good idea."

                          -Henry,  from Hal Hartley's 'Henry Fool'

Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Student
Victoria University
New Zealand