Subject: [Leica] Antw: Re Question on Leica slide projector
From: "Pascal" <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 15:14:55 +0200

>According to a Leica dealer in Amsterdam, where I recently bought my Prado=
vit
>P600, the P150 is Leica's "consumer grade" projector and does not accept t=
he
>better lenses such as the Colorplan 2.5/90.

Your dealer is in error, Nathan. The P150 is a fine projector. Although not
as robust as the other -and far more expensive- projectors, it is a fine
performer. It came out as a top buy in both Chasseur d'Images and Photo
R=E9ponses. You can mount the Colorplan-P2 90/2.5, Colorplan-P2 90/2.5 CF or
Super-Colorplan-P2 90/2.5 without problem. As a matter of fact, I am using
the P150 (that came with the Hektor-P2 85/2.8) with the Colorpolan-P2 90/2.=
5
CF (because my slides are not glass-mounted) and this combination works
fine!

However, if you are willing to spend the additional money for a more robust
projector, go for the P300
or even P600.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
PowerPC G3... listen carefully and you can hear the sound of Pentium chips
being eaten for breakfast
Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet