Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 test in Amateur Photography
From: wcgodwin <wcgodwin@netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 08:33:53 -0700

> He also says there is no exposure compensation (feature).
> Again, I'd say playing wqith the left and right lit indicators permits
> pretty good exposure compensation! In the text, he does say that the
> bright LEDs indicate under/over/correct. Sounds like exposure =

>compensation to me.

But in todays world of "thinking-cameras for unthinking-people!",many
people seem incapable of manually setting a camera !! ;^)
Just suprised he didn't complain that the M6 doesn't have a built-in
motor-wind or an LCD screen !!

As for the problems of loading the film....just as well he wasn't using
one of the old screw-Leicas !! ;^)

By the way--with regards the lack of any mention of Fuji's involvement...
look in the second paragraph..."45+90mm FUJINON lenses" !!
{ notice on the photos,though that the lens on the camera says =

"Hasselblad"--shades of the "Leica" CL here..but at least you could fit
Leica lenses on the CL--doubt if you could fit Hasselblad lenses on the
XPAN !! }

 Final moan....in the UK edition of the mag,the price mentioned for
the M3 { =A31758 --about $2830 } fails to take into account Leica's
"cashback" deal { =A3200 --about $320 here } !!

Incidentally--in the UK mag,it mentions on the news page that Fuji's
version of the XPAN is on sale in Japan for =A3650 { about $1045 }....
about HALF the price of the Hasselblad-badged version !!
Not being a "name" freak,I know which one I'd rather buy !! ;^)

Clive..