Subject: [Leica] was Arriverderci now off topic Swissair 111
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 22:37:05 -0300

Paul:

Just a bit of topic but, I live in Halifax and about 20 miles from where
the plane went down.  It crashed in the ocean about  seven miles offshore
from a quaint fishing village and tourist attraction, Peggys Cove.  I had
some scans of pictures I took of the Villiage with my Leica (on topic) over
the spring and summer.  In the first picture, to the right of the
lighthouse is a large restaurant and gift shop which is now the control
center for the search.  The plane crash area would be to the right of the
light house and towards the horizon.  The picture was taken at dusk with a
90mm tele-Elmarit.

 http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/peggyscove.JPG

This next one was taken with a 17mm tamron and a graduated ND filter.  The
foreground was in deep shadows without it.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/peggyscove2.JPG

The last picture is that of a local fishermen who is wathching his son and
granson launch a small boat down the ramp.  It was taken with the 180 3.4
APO which is now the prowd possesion of Ting Lee.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/peggyscove-fisherman.JPG

Peggyscove is one of the most photographed places in Eastern Canada and can
be very picturesque.

I would not worry too much about your flight.  You probably have a better
chance of striking it rich in a Lottery than being in a plane crash.

Regards,

Robert Stevens