Subject: [Leica] Film question
From: "GBICKET" <GBICKET@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:34:02 -0600

Good morning, LUGgers,

At the end of this month, I will be going on an interesting photo shoot of
interesting creatures.  A special nature preserve in Colorado, USA, permits
photography of some unusual animals; lynx, wolves, Bengal tigers.  These
animals are living out their lives on this preserve after being confiscated
from unauthorized collectors and exotic hunt clubs.  Donations from
photographers help support the preserve.

As these are wild and semi wild creatures, I expect most to be long shots,
and will be using my f4 Vario-Elmar 80-200, and my beloved f4 APO-Telyt
280mm, mostly on a Tiltall, some handheld.  What I seek is film fast enough
to permit flexible use of these f4 lenses, but without enormous grain, and
with good color saturation.

My favorite color films are Velvia and K25 as extremely fine grain, and
color saturation can be achieved with them.  My great satisfaction with
Velvia, primarily, has left me out of touch with faster films.  However,
movement of my subjects, and the ability to handhold if I need to, make me
think I need faster film.  I am thinking E200 is about as fast as I can go,
given my preferences.  Any ideas?  Print film is not ruled out, I simply
shoot transparency a great deal.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Enjoy the light!

Greg BIcket